"If a government is big enough to give you everything you want, then it is big enough to take everything you got"

-- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary to me!

Today is our tenth wedding anniversary! That day was such a blur of activity, it was literally funny. People pick on us, okay, me, because I'm not the most punctual person in the world. I remember it taking longer than expected at the hair salon to get our hair fixed. It was me and my two best friends at the time (and one still is, and remains, my best friend). We had our long hair curled, and swept up on top of our heads. It took three and a half hours for them to get our hair finished! :-O So by the time we got back to mom and dad's, grabbed everything and rushed to the church ... whew! The wedding was to start at 5, we didn't get there until 4:15!

I had six bridesmaids, and the rest of them were already at the church freaking out cause we weren't there. Then you have someone who forgot their hose, then someone forgot their eyeliner, oh goodness. But my two buddies took care of everything. Hey, we were the ones who went to Myrtle Beach on a whim and twenty dollars, and still managed to look good so .... ;o) I remember of one the bridesmaids looking at me and saying "are you OK?", and said "Yeh, why?", and she said "then will you please show us you're breathing cause you look like you're about to fall out!" LOL!! Apparently I got a little serious in my thinking there.

So it's ten til five, and my sister in law who was directing the wedding, was about to turn blue. Cause NONE of us it seemed was ready, but there was something she wasn't telling me. Then I saw it- J getting out of a car outside of the church- he was just getting there!! So it is on record- I was there before him, neener neener!

I didn't walk down the isle until 5:15, but that was okay. I had two of the cutest little flower girls, ages 3 and 4. The daughters of one of my buddies. I remember watching my sister in law telling them "see your mommy down there? walk down the isle, tossing your flowers on the floor, and go straight to your mommy..". Yeh, apparently Maddie didn't see mommy right off, and when she got three quarters down the isle she TOOK off, RAN down the isle, straight to her mom, who was standing on the stage that was about 2 ft high. Maddie THREW that leg up climbing on the stage and her dress went *completely* over her head ... she stole the show ;o)

To think my flower girls are turning 13 and 14 this summer. Their mom and I are mourning *g*

We honeymooned in Banner Elk, NC, and fished the whole time. It was wonderful. We still get to go back to that resort because that's where my dad has his timeshare and it's a great inexpensive trip for us. We hope to go back in the next couple of months, actually.

So what are we doing for our anniversary? I don't know. Money is tight, and he has not said anything about going anywhere. My friend is having an Arbonne party this evening, I'm tempted to go to that if we don't have plans. I've never been one and it would be good for me to have some fellowship with the ladies from church.

And how sweet, my cousin, who is my age, who I never thought would tie the knot, is marrying his girlfriend of however many years ... four or five? Yeh, I think they waited as long as J and I did (we were together four before we married) ... he's getting married tomorrow. If it wasn't for lap year they'd be getting married on our anniversary, how sweet! :p

I'm so excited for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Be sure to check the "follow up" message box on this form in case someone else reponds to you (like me!) in this area~

Please remember the simple rule- Be Kind, One, to Another! :)