"If a government is big enough to give you everything you want, then it is big enough to take everything you got"

-- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, August 22, 2008

Kids and exercise

(written yesterday)

So, "they" say that kids should get an hour of exercise a day. Jackson only gets 20 minutes of recess a day at school. If I let them, they would sit in front of the TV all evening. Dh was able to finish getting our swimming pool set up a couple of weeks ago. After that I just knew the weather would turn cooler for the rest of the year ;) See, our yard is NOT level, and MIL bought us the Intex easy set pool, 12 ft wide / 3 ft deep. So dh built a 16 ft by 16 ft "sandbox" for the pool to go on, which require 3 yards of sand to be delivered. It was a BIG job for him and Jackson! "Together time".


So knowing the kids need the exercise, and the pool needs to be used, and seeing how the weather has turned warmer than what I remember it being- I told myself the kids needed to go swimming this afternoon. I didn't want to go though, in the pool, that is.


So ahhhh the life! My laptop is picking up a great signal and I have two hours of cordless time. I'm sitting out here in the beautiful shade, playing on the boards and catching up on stuff while watching them play and listening to them "bond", LOL I NEED something for them to do each day that is going to wear off the excess stress and energy they will have built up from school! PTL for MILs who like to spoil their grandkids!


How do you get your kids to burn off that energy?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,
    My kids burn off energy by swimming and riding their bikes and go carts. They play for about 4 hours every evening. That's when I can get dinner ready without interruption. ;O)

    And I do case management by the poolside at The Sarah Home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! Be sure to check the "follow up" message box on this form in case someone else reponds to you (like me!) in this area~

Please remember the simple rule- Be Kind, One, to Another! :)